To provide for the formulation of measures and to ensure the delivery of basic services and provisions of adequate facilities relative to agricultural services.
The Municipal Agriculturist shall take charge of the office for agricultural services, shall:
- Formulate measures for the approval of the Sangguniang Bayan and provided technical assistance and support to the Municipal Mayor in carrying out said measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to agricultural services;
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the Municipal Mayor, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with agricultural programs and projects which the Municipal Mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sangguniang Bayan is empowered to provide;
- Ensure that maximum assistance and access to resources in the production, processing and marketing of agricultural, aquaculture and marine products are extended to farmers, fishermen and local entrepreneurs;
- Conduct or cause to be conducted location-specific agricultural researches and assist in making available the appropriate technology arising out of, and disseminate information on, basic research on crops, prevention and control of plant diseases and pests, and other agricultural matters which will maximize productivity;
- Assist the Municipal Mayor in the establishment of and extension services on, demonstration farms or aquaculture and marine products;
- Enforce rules and regulations relating agriculture and aquaculture;
- Coordinate with government agencies and non-governmental organizations which promote agricultural productivity through appropriate technology compatible with environmental integrity;
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of basic agricultural services, particularly those needed for the survival of the inhabitants of the municipal during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities;
- Recommend to the Sangguniang Bayan and advise the Municipal Mayor on all other matters related to agriculture and aquaculture which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of the inhabitants of the municipality; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Office of the Municipal Agriculturist
Ground Floor, Municipal Hall Building
Umingan, Pangasinan 2443 Philippines
Tels: +63(075) 576-5131